Education & Court Admissions
- B.A. University of Kansas, 1974
- J.D. Washburn University Law School, 1976
- Supreme Court of Iowa, 1977
- Supreme Court of Kansas, 1977
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1981
- Supreme Court of New Mexico, 1981
Licensed to practice before all State Courts of Texas, New Mexico, Iowa, and Kansas. Licensed to practice before the United States District Courts of Kansas, Iowa, New Mexico, and Texas (Western, Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts), as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. Tax Court.
Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1995 to present
- State Bar Associations of Texas and New Mexico
- El Paso Bar Association
- State Bar College
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates, National Board Representative and President El Paso – Chapter 2006
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Foundation: Board of Directors 2010-present
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation; Board of Directors El Paso Bar Foundation 2014-Present
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top Ten Award; 2014-1016
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel; Nation’s Top One Percent, 2015
- Selected as “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyer’s Magazine; Texas and Southwest 2002, 2009, 2010, 2015 and 2016
- Selected to “New Mexico Top Lawyers of 2013 -2015”
- Selected to National Trial Lawyers “Top 100” – 2016
- AV Rated Martindale-Hubbell
Leadership, Membership & Honors
- Instructor, Aviation Law, Central Texas College. 1979 to 1981
- Director, Vice President, Goodwill Industries, Inc. 1982 to 1984
- Leadership El Paso. 1984
- St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Board of Trustees. 1984 to 1986.
- Nominee, Jaycees Outstanding Young El Pasoan, 1986.
- Campaign Manager, Honorable Ward Koehler, Judge 168th District Court, 8th Court of Appeals. 1986 and 1988
- Board of Directors, Sunturians, 1987 to 1993.
- President, Sunturians, 1996.
- Board of Directors, Epilepsy El Paso, 1990 to 1991.
- Campaign Finance Chairman, Honorable Suzie Azar, Mayor, 1990 to 1991.
- Board of Directors, Therapeutic Horsemanship of El Paso, Inc., 1992 to 1994.
- Campaign Treasurer, C.R. “Bobby” Ortiz, Republican Candidate, 16th Congressional District. 1994 and 2004.
- El Paso County Historical Commission; Historian of the Year, 1996.
- Board of Directors, Amigo Airsho, 1984 to 1988.
- President, Amigo Airsho, 1987.
- El Paso Chamber of Commerce, Legal Committee, 1996.
- El Paso International Airport, Board of Directors, Vice Chairman, 2001 to 2006.
- El Paso Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2001 to 2004.
- El Paso Zoological Society, Board of Directors, 2005 to present. Vice President and Chairman of
- Marketing Committee, 2006; Chairman of Capital Fundraising Committee, 2008; President 2009.
- The Paso Del Norte Group, 2005 to 2009.
- El Paso Police Foundation Board of Directors, 2007 to 2010. First Vice President 2008.
- Rebuilding Together, El Paso Advisory Board of Directors, 2007.
- Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association, Foundation Board of Directors, 2008-2009.
- Congressional Campaign Committee, Honorable Silvestre Reyes, Congressman, 16th Judicial District. 2008 to 2012.